Insumountable

General discussion on design & build

Re: Insumountable

Postby slurp on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:17 pm

eek! I thought you wouldn't get it fixed in time!

I'm struggling to get thinking time... work is just too busy :( looking forward (a long way) to retirement! :wink:
slurp
Site Admin

Postby PeterW on Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:55 pm

I can't believe it is over 8 years since my last post on Insumountable.
I have started but as yet not finished a major overhaul / upgrade.
The electronics have been kept unchanged but it is now sporting a 3D printed chassis and 4 drive motors.
The tracks are now completely scratch built in a very soft silicone rubber molded in 3d printed molds.
The rubber proved to be to stretchy to stay on in turns so they now have 3d printed flexible inserts molded in and you can just see the black teeth sticking out of the rubber in the picture below.
As it stands in the picture without a battery it is only 163 grams so it is going to need a lot of ballast to bring it up to fighting weight.
Last edited by PeterW on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeterW

Postby JonHylands on Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:08 pm

Nice Peter,

I've been working on and off on Seeker 2x, to do a new PCB with an ARM chip running MicroPython.

http://blog.huv.com/2015/10/seeker-2x-running-micropython.html

- Jon
JonHylands

Postby PeterW on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:33 pm

That is one mean looking robot luckily it's unlikely to cross paths with any of mine.
I wasn't happy with the chassis so I redesigned it to this.
Here it is printed in carbonfibre filled nylon.
Even with a large steel block at the rear and two sheets of brass on top it is still well underweight at 375 gms.
Last edited by PeterW on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
PeterW

Postby PeterW on Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:30 pm

As you have probably noticed due to Photo Bucket changing their rules, in a money grabbing move, about 3rd party hosting none of my linked pictures appear.
As I will not be paying the extortionate $399 a year to get it back I need to work out a way to sort it.
In the mean time if you right click on the dial image and select open image in new tab you can still see the images all be it in another tab.
PeterW

Postby slurp on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:56 pm

Peter,

If you're ok with it, we can upload to the board to place the images inline with the post.

when editing there's an upload attachment tab below the save/preview/submit buttons and you can place these inline in the post. I usually go for about 350-400px wide to avoid scroll bars.

I can (as admin) go back and edit what you've submitted into the old post too.

regards,
Colin
slurp
Site Admin

Postby PeterW on Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:30 am

Just had a try uploading the images from Photo Bucket and placing them inline but the images do have scroll bars.
If you are willing to do the updates I certainly would have no objections as I have probably several hundred to do on the antweight site.
PeterW

Previous

Return to Home Built